Research Ethics Administrative Officer
At Garvan, our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures. Our scientists are researchers who work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
Our people are no different. Like our scientists, we only recruit the best talent in areas of Research Ethics, Compliance and Governance, Legal and Commercial Partnerships, Grants Administration, Informatics, Finance and Human Resources. Our support teams are experts in their fields and are driven by the dynamic culture, innovation and cutting edge research that Garvan offers.
We currently have an opportunity for an Animal Ethics Administrative Officer to join our Research Ethics, Compliance and Governance Office (RECG). The Animal Ethics Administrative Officer will provide administrative support to assist with the smooth operation of the Animal Ethics Committee and RECG Office.
To be successful for this position you will be a quick thinker with a high degree of focus, attention to detail and accuracy in the work you deliver. You will have a friendly manner which is flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude. You will also demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of a research based environment with fluency in scientific/clinical terminology
- Previous administration and clerical experience gained in an office environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take meeting minutes
- Computer skills in a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word
- Strong organisation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Capacity to work with a high degree of independence and accept ownership of the position
- Strong commitment to quality and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative and achieve identifiable results
- Bachelor degree in biological, medical or allied health sciences
How to apply
Please submit your application by visiting our career site: www.garvan.org.au/careers
In addition to your CV and cover letter please also attach relevant qualifications.
16 June 2017